It’s ‘National Blueberry Day’, so what better opportunity to mix a couple of delicious mimosas, invite your friends over for lunch and serve some irresistible fruity treats?Our divine recipe for ‘Blueberry and Banana French Toast’ is the perfect quick and easy combination that is sure to wow your guests, whether at breakfast or as a dessert. Is it possible to have this yummy dish for every meal? Just asking for a friend…
Ingredients8 slices of Brioche loaf 2 bananas, halved and sliced lengthways 3.5 oz. blueberries – half crushed and the remainder left whole 4 tablespoons clear honey 4 eggs, beaten 5 fl oz. milk Pinch cinnamon ½ oz. butter ¾ oz. icing (confectioners) sugar
- Arrange the slices of banana on 4 of the brioche slices and scatter the blueberries on top
- Drizzle with honey and then place a slice of brioche on top of the bananas
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish with the milk and cinnamon. The dish should be big enough to hold all the brioche sandwiches in the egg mixture and leave for 5 minutes to soak.
- Turn the mixture over and repeat for the other side. Keep turning until each sandwich is soaked well and all the egg has been used up.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and gently cook the brioche sandwiches, 2 at a time, for 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to serving plates and dust with the icing (confectioners) sugar.