With National Barbeque Week kicking off today, we think it’s the perfect opportunity for some al-fresco dining – what better way to celebrate the warmer weather than with cocktails, friends and some delicious lunches! Our brioche burger sliders are the perfect addition to any outdoor party and are sure to wow your friends and family. Check out our sliders recipe that includes mouth-watering pulled pork and yummy ‘slaw – summer is finally here!
- 6 St Pierre brioche burger buns
- 5lb pork shoulder (boneless or bone in)
- 120ml cider/white vinegar
- 120ml light beer
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium yellow onions thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Coleslaw to serve
We’d love to see you all enjoying your brioche sliders in the great weather – don’t forget to send us your pics over on our social channels.
- Place the onions and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Mix the vinegar and beer with three tablespoons of brown sugar and then pour over the onions and garlic.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon and rub over the pork.
- Place the meat into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the pork is tender and easily pulled away with a fork, about 6-8 hours on a high setting and 8-10 on low.
- When cooked, remove the pork from the slow cooker. Using two forks shred the meat and combine with the BBQ sauce.
- The cooking liquor can be reduced down by boiling in a pan until it becomes thick syrup and added to the meat.
- The St Pierre brioche burger buns come ready pre-sliced for your convenience. Place a generous portion of BBQ pork onto each brioche bun and top with your favorite ‘slaw.