Halloween Black Bean Burgers
Halloween made magnifique
Elevate your Halloween this year with our spooky black bean burgers recipe, served in our delicious St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns.
For the burgers:
1 pack of St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns
28 oz tinned black beans, drained
3.5 oz breadcrumbs
Chili flakes (to taste)
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper
6 green chillies
A handful of fresh lettuce
6 cheese slices (can be vegan cheese depending on your preferences)
For the salsa verde:
2 handfuls flat leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves
1 handful fresh basil
1 handful fresh mint
1 handful capers
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
7 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
1 chopped green chilli
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat up the grill to a medium heat.
- Pour the black beans into a large mixing bowl and mash using a fork. Into the same bowl, add the breadcrumbs, chilli flakes, paprika, salt and pepper and the egg, and give the whole thing a good mix until all the ingredients have combined.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into burgers – it should divide up into three large patties or six smaller patties (depending on the amount you’d like to make).
- Pop the burgers under the grill and cook until golden on each side and piping hot all the way through.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking, finely chop your flat leaf parsley, two garlic cloves, basil, mint, capers and green chilli.
- Pop all the ingredients into a small bowl and add the mustard, vinegar and olive oil and stir together.
- Once your burgers have cooked, place them on to your St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns, add a slice of cheddar cheese, a few lettuce leaves, a dollop of your fresh salsa verde and finish off by popping the bun top on.
For a bit of a fun, and to add that spooky Halloween spirit, chop the top off of your green chillies and add to the top of the burger to look like a pumpkin. Bon appétit!