Chickpea, Walnut and Cranberry Sandwich
A soft and buttery vegetarian sandwich
For those looking for a more premium vegetarian chickpea, walnut & cranberry sandwich to make for work or to enjoy at home, this délicieux recipe includes fresh, nutty flavors that pair perfectly with our soft and buttery tasting St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf.
For the filling
- 2 cups tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwich:
- St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf
- Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, torn
- Half a red onion, thinly sliced
- Set aside a small handful of the drained and rinsed chickpeas and blend the rest in a food processor with the chopped walnuts, celery and spring onion until roughly blended
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and then mix in the dried cranberries, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, English mustard, dill and pepper. Season to taste
- Spoon the mixture onto one slice of the St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf, and then add the lettuce and red onion as desired. Repeat to make second sandwich.
- Top with the second brioche slice and cut in half
Pre-sliced, utterly decadent and completely delicious, our sliced Brioche Loaf will make the ideal addition to your table. With a lightly sweet taste, delicate texture and irresistible richness, St Pierre’s Brioche Loaf is delicious as is or simply toasted as a snack, and as an addition to any meal.