Christmas Leftovers Toastie
Turkey, Brie & Cranberry combined for the perfect winter warmers
Looking for a delightful way to use up your Christmas leftovers? Look no further than our mouthwatering Christmas Leftovers Toastie recipe. This scrumptious dish embraces the spirit of the holiday season by combining tender turkey, creamy brie, tangy cranberry sauce, and fragrant herbs, all sandwiched between two slices of delectable St Pierre Brioche Loaf. Elevate your post-holiday meals with this simple yet indulgent recipe that will make your taste buds sing!
Why using broche for your Christmas leftovers toastie?
When it comes to making the perfect Christmas Leftovers Toastie, the choice of bread is crucial. St Pierre Brioche Loaf brings a touch of luxury and elegance to this classic comfort food. Unlike regular bread, St Pierre Brioche Loaf offers a rich and buttery flavor with a soft, tender texture that perfectly complements the savory fillings. Its slightly sweet notes add a delightful contrast, making every bite truly heavenly.
When to make Christmas Leftovers Toastie?
The Christmas Leftovers Toastie is an ideal dish to enjoy in the days following the festive season. It’s a wonderful way to transform the remnants of your holiday feast into a delicious and satisfying meal. Whether you’re hosting family and friends or simply want to treat yourself to a festive delight, this recipe is a fantastic choice for breakfast, lunch, or even a cozy dinner.
Tips & Tricks for Perfecting Your Christmas Leftovers Toastie:
- Crispy Sage Leaves: Sizzling sage leaves in butter and oil adds a delightful crunch and aromatic flavor to your toastie. Be sure to keep an eye on them as they cook, removing them from the pan as soon as they turn crispy.
- Panini Press or Griddle: If you have access to a panini press or griddle, consider using it to make your toasties. This method will give you perfectly toasted bread with a nice, even crust and evenly melted cheese.
- Gentle Frying: When cooking your toastie, use a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. This allows the bread to turn golden and crispy while ensuring the cheese inside melts to perfection. Flip the sandwiches gently to avoid any fillings falling out.
Can I use other types of bread for this recipe?
While you can experiment with different bread choices, St Pierre Brioche Loaf adds a unique touch of indulgence and enhances the overall taste and texture of the Christmas Leftovers Toastie. The buttery richness of brioche adds a luxurious note to the toastie, elevating it from a regular sandwich to a gourmet treat. The flavorful bread enhances the overall taste profile of the dish, complementing the rest of the toppings.
Our Brioche Loaf also has a soft and tender texture. It is light and airy, providing a delightful contrast to the hearty fillings of the toastie. The toasting process enhances the bread’s natural hue, giving it an inviting golden crust. This not only makes the toastie look more appetizing but also adds a touch of festive charm to your post-Christmas meal.
What alternative fillings could I use for this recipe?
When it comes to alternative fillings for the Christmas Leftovers Toastie, the possibilities are endless! Here are some creative ideas to inspire you:
- Roasted Vegetables: If you have leftover roasted vegetables from your Christmas feast, they can be a delicious addition to the toastie. Think roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots, or even a medley of mixed vegetables.
- Ham or Roast Beef: If you have leftover ham or roast beef from your holiday meal, thinly sliced pieces can be a fantastic alternative to turkey.
- Stuffing: Leftover stuffing can be a surprising and tasty filling for your toastie. Spread a layer of stuffing on one slice of St Pierre Brioche Loaf, then add the turkey, brie, and cranberry sauce on top to creates a comforting and nostalgic flavor profile.
- Gravy: For an extra burst of flavor and moisture, consider adding a spoonful of leftover gravy to your toastie, adding a touch of juiciness.
- Pickles or Pickled Onions: If you enjoy a tangy and vibrant element in your sandwich, consider adding pickles or pickled onions. These add a zesty contrast to the rich and creamy flavors, providing a delightful balance to the overall taste experience.
How do I store and reheat the leftovers?
If you have any leftover toasties, allow them to cool completely before refrigerating in an airtight container. To reheat, simply place them in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 4 slices St Pierre Brioche Sliced Loaf
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- Leftover turkey, shredded or sliced, about 4 ounces
- 4 oz brie, sliced
- 4 tsp cranberry sauce, plus extra to serve
- Few fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Heat 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over a medium heat
- Add the sage leaves and sizzle for a minute until crispy. Carefully remove from the pan and set aside
- Make two sandwiches by layering the turkey, brie and cranberry sauce on 2 of the slices of bread
- Add the chopped rosemary and top with the other 2 slices
- Add the rest of the butter and oil to the skillet and fry the sandwiches gently for a few minutes on each side until the bread is golden and the cheese is melting
- Sprinkle over the crispy sage leaves and serve