Grilled Steak Frites Burger
Combining two French classics into one delicious burger.
This Steak Frites Burger will whisk you away to a Parisian restaurant from the comfort of your own home.
Steak Frites is a very popular dish originating from France and Belgium. Commonly served in brasseries across Europe, it is a staple dish for any French restaurant. We decided to take this classic dish and combine it with another traditional French food – brioche! Using our Brioche Burger Buns, slices of tender and juicy steak and crispy fries, this Steak Frites Burger will whisk your tastebuds away to Paris.
- 4 St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp mustard (whichever type of mustard you prefer)
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 2 thick cut steaks (we like rib-eye)
- Salt and black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lambs lettuce
Ideally, use a deep fat fryer to make your chips, but you can use a chip pan if you prefer – always take care and follow safety guidelines, never leaving the pan unattended.
- Peel the potatoes (or just scrub and leave the skin on) and cut them into thin chips before soaking in cold water for 10 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and leave to dry on kitchen paper for half an hour before frying, while you prepare everything else
- Mix together the mayo, mustard and chopped parsley and set aside
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and fry or griddle to your personal taste
- Cover the cooked steak with a piece of foil and rest while you cook the frites (chips)
- Heat up the deep fat fryer and dry half the frites for a few minutes until just starting to color round the edges. They won’t be cooked yet, but tip out onto a baking tray while you part cook the second batch
- Now return the frites to the dryer and continue to cook for another few minutes until golden and crispy. Place on kitchen paper, season with salt and pepper
- Grill the inside of the burger buns before layering on the mustard mayo and the lettuce
Slice the steak and divide between the buns
- Top with the crispy chips before popping on the lids
4 Brioche Burger Buns
Because your burger deserves the best. Our Brioche Burger Buns are pre-sliced and deliciously soft, ready to be filled with your favorite burger and toppings. A perfectly golden and plump texture holds your fillings together for a satisfying bite every time. Our brioche is lightly sweet, and the shiny glaze on top of each bun makes every bite magnifique. We also make packs of 6 Brioche Burger Buns.
6 Brioche Burger Buns
Pre-sliced, deliciously soft brioche buns, ready to be filled with your favorite burger. Our brioche burger buns are made for you to take your time. Golden like a Parisian sunset, plump texture to perfectly hold your filling together and a shiny glaze on top, this lightly sweet brioche bun tastes great with every type of ingredient. Add some French mustard to yours to take your meals to Paris.