Grilled Steak Frites Burger
Combining two French classics into one delicious burger.
This Steak Frites Burger will whisk you away to a Parisian restaurant from the comfort of your own home.
Steak Frites is a very popular dish originating from France and Belgium. Commonly served in brasseries across Europe, it is a staple dish for any French restaurant. We decided to take this classic dish and combine it with another traditional French food – brioche! Using our Brioche Burger Buns, slices of tender and juicy steak and crispy fries, this Steak Frites Burger will whisk your tastebuds away to Paris.
4 St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns
4 large potatoes
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 tbsp mustard (whichever type of mustard you prefer)
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
2 thick cut steaks (we like rib-eye)
Salt and black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
Ideally, use a deep fat fryer to make your chips, but you can use a chip pan if you prefer – always take care and follow safety guidelines, never leaving the pan unattended.
- Peel the potatoes (or just scrub and leave the skin on) and cut them into thin chips before soaking in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and leave to dry on kitchen paper for half an hour before frying, while you prepare everything else
- Mix together the mayo, mustard and chopped parsley and set aside
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and fry or griddle to your personal taste. Cover the cooked steak with a piece of foil and rest while you cook the frites (chips)
- Heat up the deep fat fryer and dry half the frites for a few minutes until just starting to color round the edges. They won’t be cooked yet, but tip out onto a baking tray while you part cook the second batch. Now return the frites to the dryer and continue to cook for another few minutes until golden and crispy. Place on kitchen paper, season with salt and pepper
- Grill the inside of the burger buns before layering on the mustard mayo and the lettuce
Slice the steak and divide between the buns. Top with the crispy chips before popping on the lids