Honey & Mustard Sausage Burgers
Honey & mustard-glazed sausage burgers with a twist… or a swirl!
Looking for an unusual burger recipe idea – try out these sausage burgers. Featuring a honey mustard glaze and served inside a lightly sweet, golden Sesame Seed Brioche Burger Bun with caramelized red onions, these sausage burgers will become a new fall family favorite.
2 St Pierre Sesame Seed Brioche Burger Buns
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1-2 tsp olive oil
Few sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
12 thin pork sausages in a link
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Potato wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the sliced onions. Fry gently over low heat for 15 minutes until softened and lightly browned
- Add the thyme leaves and season with a pinch of salt and pepper before cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until caramelized. Turn off the heat and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- While the onions are caramelizing, divide the sausages into two links of six. Untwist the sausage links and gently squeeze the meat into the haps to make two long even sausages. Be very careful not to pop the skins!
- Wind the long sausages into spirals and secure each one with a skewer, ensuing it goes straight through the middle. The spirals should be just a little larger than the burger buns
- Put the sausages on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes until they are half cooked
- At the same time, cook the wedges according to the pack instructions
- Mix together the honey and mustard in a small bowl and brush generously over the part cooked sausages before popping back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so, ensuring the meat is cooked all the way through
- Lightly toast the Seeded Brioche Burger Buns before adding some lettuce leaves to the base of each bun. Add a sausage burger to each and pile on some caramelized onions. Pop the lids of the buns on and serve with some wedges and your favorite sauces