Hot Dogs With Pickles
A classic hot dog with a punchy twist.
The light sweetness of our Brioche Hot Dog Rolls contrasts the tangy taste of pickles. Whether you want to use fresh sausages or a classic hot dog, it’ll be oh-so delicious! To add some extra flair, you can make your own quick pink pickled onions, as well.
- 4 St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls
- 4 hot dogs (or frankfurter long sausages)
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pickled gherkin, roughly chopped
- Pink pickled onions
For the pink pickled onions
- 1 large red onion (or 2 smaller ones), sliced into rings
- ½ cup white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Good pinch salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- First make the onions. Place the vinegar, mustard seeds, peppercorns and honey into a saucepan and add 200ml water
- Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside
- Add the onions to the pan, pushing them down so they are submerged
- Cover the pan and leave for about half an hour. They’ll turn bright pink.
- While the onions are pickling, warm the hot dogs according to pack instructions
- Open the rolls – it’s easy as they’re pre-sliced. Spread some mustard over the bottoms of the rolls and add some chopped gherkins. Top with a hot dog
- Add some of the pickled onions and finish with a squeeze of ketchup