Hot Dogs With Pickles
A classic hot dog with a punchy twist.
The light sweetness of our Brioche Hot Dog Rolls contrasts the tangy taste of pickles. Whether you want to use fresh sausages or a classic hot dog, it’ll be oh-so delicious! To add some extra flair, you can make your own quick pink pickled onions, as well.
- 4 St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls
- 4 hot dogs (or frankfurter long sausages)
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pickled gherkin, roughly chopped
- Pink pickled onions
For the pink pickled onions
- 1 large red onion (or 2 smaller ones), sliced into rings
- ½ cup white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Good pinch salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- First make the onions. Place the vinegar, mustard seeds, peppercorns and honey into a saucepan and add 200ml water
- Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside
- Add the onions to the pan, pushing them down so they are submerged
- Cover the pan and leave for about half an hour. They’ll turn bright pink.
- While the onions are pickling, warm the hot dogs according to pack instructions
- Open the rolls – it’s easy as they’re pre-sliced. Spread some mustard over the bottoms of the rolls and add some chopped gherkins. Top with a hot dog
- Add some of the pickled onions and finish with a squeeze of ketchup
6 Brioche Hot Dog Rolls
Our Brioche Hot Dog Rolls are top-split so you can instantly enjoy your favorite hot dog. Our rolls are golden, soft and beautifully plump to hold all your favorite toppings. They’re easy to match with all the ingredients you love for your hot dogs. So whether you want to keep it simple with a drizzle of ketchup and mustard, or indulge and add more classic French flavors like melted camembert, let your brioche rolls upgrade your hot dog.