Brioche Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Revisit a favorite with this recipe for a Brioche Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Is there anything more all-American than a grilled cheese? A childhood favorite, you just can’t go wrong with the combination of gooey melted cheese and crispy-on-the-outside toasted bread. Think grilled cheese couldn’t possibly get any better? Think again…
The French do lots of things well, and – of course – bread is top of that list. Brioche is a soft, golden and uniquely delicious bread, and when paired with the classic flavor of a grilled cheese it’s a match made in heaven.
We’ve thought a lot about how to make grilled cheese even better, and came up with a simple recipe that’s sure to hit the spot. Our toasted sandwich recipe is made with creamy melted cheese and fresh baby spinach. You can eat this whenever the mood takes you – it’s a great breakfast idea, quick lunch recipe, or the ideal snack. Our Brioche Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a magnifique way to take a break.
Is brioche good for grilled cheese?
We may be a little biased, but we think brioche bread is one of the best possible additions to a grilled cheese sandwich. The outside becomes perfectly golden when lightly toasted, while the inside stays soft, sweet and fluffy. Plus, that hearty taste from the enriched dough complements the filling perfectly.
Our tips on how to make a good grilled cheese
- Obviously, start with a good quality brioche loaf.
- Get a pan that’s big enough to fit your sandwich in, with enough room for you to get under it to flip.
- Use a mix of cheeses for the best flavor – some great melting cheeses include gruyere, cheddar, brie, pepper jack and gouda.
- Coat the bottom of the pan in both butter and oil for rich flavor that doesn’t burn.
- Get creative with fillings – we’ve included baby spinach in our recipe, but why not try other additions like sliced tomato, caramelized onions, or crispy bacon? Try our Ham and Grilled Cheese Sandwich for a classic flavor combination.
Browse more recipes for inspiration, or view our range of St Pierre products to see what simple yet delicious recipes you can create with our brioche and bakery goods.
- 2 slices of St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- On top of one slice of St Pierre’s Sliced Brioche Loaf, add a large handful of grated cheese – you can use whichever cheese you prefer, though we recommend a mix of cheeses.
- Then add a few baby spinach leaves, topped with another large handful grated cheese.
- Finish with another slice of Brioche Loaf.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan over a low heat, then add a splash of oil so the butter doesn’t burn.
- When the pan is hot, add your sandwich to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Pre-sliced, utterly decadent and completely delicious, our sliced Brioche Loaf will make the ideal addition to your table. With a lightly sweet taste, delicate texture and irresistible richness, St Pierre’s Brioche Loaf is delicious as is or simply toasted as a snack, and as an addition to any meal.