Mushroom & Swiss Cheese Burgers With Truffle Mayo
Fresh herbs, mushrooms and luxurious truffle mayo
Embrace going the extra mile with this Mushroom Swiss Cheese Burgers recipe for a gourmet beef burger with St Pierre Brioche Buns, fresh herbs, mushrooms and luxurious truffle mayo.
If you like this recipe, make sure to also try also our New York Deli Style Burgers recipe.
- 4 St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns
- 20 oz good quality beef mince
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Several sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Drizzle truffle oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3.5 oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz swiss cheese such as Emmental or Gruyere, grated
- 2 oz (approx. two large handfuls) baby spinach leaves
- Gem or romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- 2 vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Make the burgers – put the minced beef into a bowl and season well salt and pepper then add some of the thyme leaves. Using clean hands, mix everything together then divide the mix into 4
- Shape into patties, each slightly wider than the buns (as the burgers will shrink slightly when they cook) and place on a large plate. Cover and put into the fridge while you prepare everything else
- Mix the mayonnaise, a pinch of black pepper and half of the crushed garlic (keep the rest to one side) together in a small bowl then drizzle in a little truffle oil to taste – you’ll only need a small amount
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions with a pinch of salt for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, fry the mushrooms in the butter for about 5 minutes then stir in the rest of the thyme leaves. Lift out and keep warm
- Add the burgers to the pan that the mushrooms were in and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, pressing them down slightly as they cook to keep their shape
- Check they’re cooked all the way through then sprinkle over a little of the cheese. Lift out onto a plate
- Add the spinach to the pan and allow to wilt for a minute with the heat on minimum (or even turned off)
- Lightly toast the burger buns if you like then spread a little truffle mayo over each of the bases
- Add some lettuce and tomato then the burgers with melting cheese
- Divide the mushrooms and onions between the burgers then sprinkle over the rest of the cheese
- Finally add some wilted spinach and pop on the lids
Enjoy those Mushroom Swiss Cheese Burgers. Bon appétit!
4 Brioche Burger Buns
Because your burger deserves the best. Our Brioche Burger Buns are pre-sliced and deliciously soft, ready to be filled with your favorite burger and toppings. A perfectly golden and plump texture holds your fillings together for a satisfying bite every time. Our brioche is lightly sweet, and the shiny glaze on top of each bun makes every bite magnifique. We also make packs of 6 Brioche Burger Buns.
6 Brioche Burger Buns
Pre-sliced, deliciously soft brioche buns, ready to be filled with your favorite burger. Our brioche burger buns are made for you to take your time. Golden like a Parisian sunset, plump texture to perfectly hold your filling together and a shiny glaze on top, this lightly sweet brioche bun tastes great with every type of ingredient. Add some French mustard to yours to take your meals to Paris.