The sweet, nutty flavors of the frangipane and Nutella, golden brioche and tangy berries come together to make this delicious chocolatey take on a traditional Bostock
A classic French pastry, Bostock was created as a way to use up day-old brioche. Soaked in syrup, generously smothered in frangipane and baked until it’s crispy on top, Bostock is a delicious cross between French toast and an almond croissant.
To change up this traditional pastry, we have added a chocolatey twist to the Bostock recipe. With a generous helping of Nutella and another slice of Brioche Loaf we have created this Nutella Bostock sandwich that is perfect for anytime of the day, whether you want a sweet treat for breakfast or something to go with your afternoon tea.
- 8 slices of St Pierre Brioche Loaf
- 1 egg
- 3.5 oz caster sugar
- 3.5 oz ground almonds
- 3.5 oz butter
- Flaked almonds
- Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
- Your favorite berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream together the sugar and butter together for 5 minutes and then add the egg and mix until smooth. Once you have a smooth mixture, and in the ground almonds and mix to create a frangipane
- Spread the frangipane over 4 slices of the Brioche Loaf, sprinkle on some flaked almonds and pop in the oven for 15 minutes
- Take the other 4 slices of Brioche Loaf and spread generously with Nutella before popping on top of the slices in the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes
- Whilst the Nutella Bostock is cooking mix a tablespoon of Nutella with a tablespoon of mascarpone
- Once cooked, serve your Nutella Bostock with a sprinkle of icing sugar on top, your chocolate mascarpone mix and your favorite berries
Pre-sliced, utterly decadent and completely delicious, our sliced Brioche Loaf will make the ideal addition to your table. With a lightly sweet taste, delicate texture and irresistible richness, St Pierre’s Brioche Loaf is delicious as is or simply toasted as a snack, and as an addition to any meal.